查看: 1921|回复: 0

Is Writing Obsolete?

主题

帖子

积分

新手上路

积分
Is Writing Obsolete? The Written Word is Having a Tough Time. It's Not Just That Literacy Rates Are Surprisingly Bad. (One Source Maintains That Half of American Adults Can't Read an Eighth Grade-level Book.) but Even Among People Who Can Read, Fewer and Fewer Want to Read. If You're a Passionate Reader (as I Am), This Might Bring You to the Brink of Despair. I've Been a Writer Ever Since I Was a Little Kid in Great Big Glasses. That Only Solidified in the Late 1980s, When I Got Started in What's Now Called Social Media. (Back Then It Was Called “virtual munity,”

When Stewart Brand and Howard Rheingold Fax Lists Were the Darren and Seth of Their Day.) The Rise of the Web Brought in a Renaissance of Text. Billions and Billions of Lines of Text. From Bulletin Boards and Irc to Those First, Stunningly Hideous Static Sites, All the Way to Today's Mainstream Explosion of the Social Web. Now We've Got Some New Tools to Play With. It's Actually a Lot Like 1989 (When I Started) All Over Again. And There's a Real Opportunity to Benefit by Getting fortable With the New Technologies. Trust Me, It's a Lot Easier Than Figuring Out Enough Unix to Get Around in a 1980s Bulletin Board System. pelling Audio If Your Idea of ​​Web-based Audio Stops at Podcasts or Internet Radio, You Might Want to Take a Second Listen. The Beauty of Audio is That It's Tremendously Portable.

Your “readers” Can Bring You Anywhere. To the Gym, on a mute, Even to Thanksgiving Dinner. (Ok, We Don't Endorse That Last One.) Audio Also Creates an Especially Close Rapport With Your Audience. The Spoken Voice is a Wonderfully Intimate Thing. When I Began Creating Audio Content Regularly, My Interactions With My Audience Took on a Whole New Dimension. People Felt Like They Knew Me in a Way They Never Had Before. One Other Thing That Took Off: My Sales Conversions. A Trustworthy, Friendly Voice Turns Out to Be a Fantastic Way to Address Prospect Fears and Concerns. You Still Need to Create Valuable, Authentic, and Remarkable Content. It's Just That Audio Gives You Some Very Powerful New Ways to Do That. Viral Video I 'm Just Getting My Feet Wet With This One

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部